WSET-TV has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) in our Danville studio. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting, and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, promoting ABC-13 content through social media, and any other responsibilities as assigned. In this role, you will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to your work for air on ABC-13.
Requirements and Skills:
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Focused on getting exclusive content on the air and online
- Passionate about news and take great care to build sources in community
- Ability to work well independently
- You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- A minimum of one year reporting experience is very beneficial
- Experience with live shots is preferred, experience with Live-U is a plus
While applying online, please include a web link of your recent work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non returnable DVD to: WSET-TV, 2320 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, VA 24501
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/