Outstanding area businesses and community advocates were honored at the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce’s annual awards dinner on March 24 at Bernard’s Landing Resort and Conference Center.
“We were so thrilled to recognize our exceptional leaders and supporters in person this year, along with Chamber staff, directors, ambassadors and volunteers,” said SMLRCC Executive Director Andy Bruns. “These are the people and organizations that contribute to making the Smith Mountain Lake region an outstanding place to live, work and play. Hats off to all the nominees and winners.”
The 2022 winners were:
Ambassador of the Year: Julia Darling, Savvy Promos
Tourism Advocate of the Year: Bridgewater Marina & Boat Rentals
- Also nominated: Bedford Visitor Center/Destination Bedford; Drifter’s; Smith Mountain Lake Coffee House
Business of the Year: Smith Mountain Lake Coffee House
- Also nominated: American National Bank & Trust; Capps Home Building Center; Carilion Clinic
- Also nominated: Capps Home Building Center; Lifestyle & Lake Real Estate Group; Smith Mountain Lake Wash Pros
- Also nominated: Agape Center; Lake Christian Ministries; SML Good Neighbors
Leader / Community Champion of the Year: Jessica Bohn Bishop, JBohn Bishop Mercantile
- Also nominated: Waller Perrow, Mariners Landing; Ryan Waters, Bridgewater Marina; Lynette Webb, Mulch ‘N More!
About Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce
The SMLRCC is dedicated to promoting tourism and growing business for its members and the community. As a member-driven organization with more than 650 members, the SMLRCC provides information, advocacy, and support to the lake’s growing business community. SMLRCC’s goal is to strengthen the social and economic environment of the region. Visit online at visitsmithmountainlake.com.